Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Hi Ho

Hey, cuties! I will be in Alexandria VA for a couple of weeks instead of Alexandria MN. How about that! I look forward to trying to take a trip on the buses and the metro now that I supposedly know how to use them. Wahoo.

Hope our trip goes smooth (smoothly?). We are planning on getting in to Reagan Air Port tonight, which is just five minutes from John and Beth's house. The big deal, of course, is getting to hug Matt, and then pretend to scare him. We have a good time!

We had book club yesterday. Read a good book: Waiting for White Horses by Nathan Jorgenson. We are meeting for lunch, now, and as usual had super tasty food. Then a great discussion about this book which is set near Walker, Minnesota. We found it compelling reading.

Now we are gearing up for the big discussion of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand In December. Hopefully our poor weary eyes will manage to make it to the end of this small print LARGE book. I am getting interested in it, now, and even managing to read the small print without the magnifying deal.

Take care.

3 comments:

Karen L said...

Have a great time!

Karen W said...

Drats! I am not your first comment.

O well, I will have to settle for being your "Favorite" comment . . . hehe.

You left too early. The sun came out after lunch and it turned out to be a beautiful day. I hear there are more to come. Hope it stays ~ it is a great motivator to get my work done. I am pacing myself to be done by graduation. Got garage windows cleaned, and a couple of closets. I am organizing my scrapbooking stuff to get started on Hannah's book.

I did manage to get my Christmas letter done. Now to get it printed and enveloped with labels and stamps.

Have fun with Matt. Be good to the GPS gadget. We wouldn't want you lost on a roundabout in VA.

Anonymous said...

I remember how much Beth loves Hallowe'en. She had him in costume when he was a baby and brought him to our place on the hill in Evansville. It's a big thing here, too. Be sure to send pictures of Matthew's Hallowe'en. Fran.