Saturday, May 15, 2010

May Post!!!!

I figure I better get busy and write a blog in May, or it will slip away.

I am embarking on a new career!! I am presently beginning my career as a long distance hiker. I must say that I have only managed two miles so far, but I am aiming at about 20 miles!!! How about that for an old gal like myself.

I have hiking poles from llbean, getting special shoes as I am a diabetic so have to take great care of my feet, and trying to hike several times a week.

The goal is being able to complete the Camino de Santiago de Compostela in Spain. Some of you may remember that Naomi did that a couple of years ago. I jokingly told her that I should do that and she took me up on it, and so..... I am in training. We're aiming at the summer of 2011. Seems a bit soon to me, but I don't have to do anything but keep on training. That, in itself, will give us a time line.

Wish me well!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicki, I think you are a marvel! I am a couple of years younger than you...yet I could no more walk 2 miles than I could stand on my head and whistle Dixie. Worse yet I wouldn't even think of trying. That makes me a loser and you, as I mentioned, a marvel. You go girl! (I always wanted to say that to someone & it's so appropriate here!)
Anxiously awaiting next week I am Your Bookish Friend Marlo

Karen L said...

Ditto...you go GIRL!

Ms. Larson said...

I am so EXCITED! Keep up the good work momma!

Anonymous said...

We got the May missive. It is now June 1st. Just a reminder. Fran.

Anonymous said...

It is June! Fran.