Thursday, December 17, 2009

brrrrrrr

The snow is here! The cold (5 below zero actual, -25 with wind chill!) is here. We are in the condition that if it is 12 degrees above zero, that is a "warming trend."

I have been cleaning like a maniac! Have to get ready for visits from the kids. You can tell I'm a maniac, anyway, when I call my offspring "kids" when they are fast becoming 40 or more. Somehow, the mother in me never gives up. When I'm 102 and they are retired, I will still be calling them the kids. That's just the way it is. Get used to it.

We're doing a bit of upgrading on the old mansion. Minor things that will make it more comfortable. We've been thinking of moving to a condo, but we can't stand to give up our views. So, as a result, a very few things will be changed. I will tell you what they will be AFTER they are done. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.... Or whatever cliche you would like to substitute for that old tired one.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great talking to you this morning. I made my trip to the PO to mail back that diabetes stuff. I'll stick with my old one. I had a very good walk and the weather is mild for DEc. I took my walking poles which helps for balance and gives my arm muscles a workout, too. I stopped at the Bookstore for my Feb. book club book. In January we wrap one of our old books and share. Keep warm Love, Fran.

Karen L said...

You a maniac? Hard to believe.

I have been running around like a "maniac" as of late trying to get done all the things that need to be done before we jet on out of here to sunny FL. Still not packed but there are 2 days left. I think the nasty headache today that I was keeping at bay with caffeine and advil is a result of the hectic schedule I have been keeping since we got done with harvest-oh heck-since we STARTED harvest!
Anyway...it's all good now...only 3 days until we see Jenna and pray for a change in the weather whilst in FL. The weatherman says highs ONLY in the 60's while we are there
Everyone have a Merry and Blessed Christmas!

Karen W said...

Maniac? I hardly think so!

I understand calling your children "kids" no matter the age. We had a friend at Chris' grad party last night and I called him a kid. He is probably nearly 30 and Hannah thought that was crazy but to me he is a kid.

KL have a wonderful time in Florida. I know about those headaches. Mine seem to come because I have a lot on the plate and then once the plate empties it seems like a "let down" reflex and I get a whopper of a headache.

Today I took it easy. I plan to do the same tomorrow!!

Blessings
Your Favorite Exercise Buddy!!

Anonymous said...

Even I am busy --I have invited about 14 people to an Open House get together on the 29th. Of course Janiece and Lauren are going to aid in the catering. It is snow melting time here. In the 30's. Hope it stays. Lauren gets back from Arizona on the 21st, I think. She is having a great time with her friends there. Try to keep warm and don't send that cold weather this way, please. Love, Fran/.

Karen L said...

While I sit here in sunny FL I have been hearing rumblings about a storm that is going to impact MN over the Christmas. Be safe!