Friday, April 10, 2009

Pot Holes

We just returned from a trip to Mpls/StP and I gotta tell ya, they have the pot holes from H E double Toothpicks. I mean, out here in the boondocks we have some potholes, but there isn't much traffic so you can dodge to one side or the other to escape. In "The Cities" You are surrounded by cars going at astronomical speeds, and there is no place to go but down into the dread hole.

We even had a hunk of black top hit our car from the car ahead of us hitting a hole. Sigh. And you know that Naomi had about $2,000. dollars damage from one. Her car was undrivable as the front end was kaput.

Soon the green grass of Spring will arrive. The snow will be gone. Golfing and gardening will begin. But will the potholes be repaired? Time will tell.

Take care. Really.

4 comments:

Karen W said...

{0 (
{0

OH my!! You said H E double toothpicks on your blog????

I am home recuping somewhat. Thought I'd stop by and say howdy. Made an Angelfood cake from scratch and hope to make shrimp stirfry for supper. That's the least I could do since I was home all day . . right?

Have a Wonderful Easter!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Karen on that H E double toothpicks expletive. That's a new one which I think must be an unlikely one to find in the dictionary. However, potholes and toothpicks are two words I recognize. H E is what makes the whole thing a little iffy. Sounds very good though and I do dread potholes (when I had a car). Write a letter to the mayor to let him know tourists will avoid his city unless he does some major repair work. That ought to rattle his cage. Fran.

Karen L said...

It has often been said of Minnesota that there are two seasons, winter and road construction. I believe the potholes are like the muddy season between winter and spring. You do your best to dodge the holes and puddles but sooner or later you can't miss one. I just invested in a cool pair of mud/rain boots. I am stylin' and ready to take on the mud.

Our great state is 3 months of summer and 9 months of tough sledding.

Karen L said...

The mud boots reign! Jeffrey got stuck out in a field tonight while trying to pick rocks. I donned my new boots and headed out to the field with another tractor to un-stuck him...ok I know that is not proper grammar! Anyway....I waded through the mud in style.

On to more important items on the agenda...#4.