Tuesday, June 09, 2009

hi ho

I find it is difficult for me to be at the computer for any length of time without getting (being?) a pain in the neck. My outlook on life is improving, so - in order to have something to moan about _ I have to develop a new ache or pain. Tell me it isn't so!

We have book club today, so I am abandoning my nursing for the morning. George is recovering from the back surgery that removed a cyst from his L5 vertebra ( it was pressing on his sciatic nerve.) He seems to be doing quite well. In two weeks he will be able to play golf! We'll wait to see how that goes.

He has been sleeping in his recliner as it can be stretched out almost straight. It would be almost impossible for him to get out of bed. Soon. We're such a cozy couple - both asleep in our recliners. I can remember my folks doing an afternoon snooze that way, with the TV on. I would notice they were sleeping and turn the TV off... which would wake them up with protests that they were watching such and such a show, which had been on about an hour earlier. Ah, the vagaries of old age are catching up with us. It's frightening when you find yourself turning into your parents!

I'll tell you about bookclub next blog. My neck is telling me I've typed on quite long enough!

Take care.

7 comments:

Karen L said...

What is it with the pain the neck? I woke up yesterday with a stiff neck and it is still bothering me. How can that be when sleeping does not generally require any muscle exertion?

Good to hear that George will soon be up and about let alone golfing very soon.

I tried out the new sauna at "it figures" yesterday. I was skeptical at first but seemed to notice a general feeling of warmth and wellness as the day progressed yesterday. (or it could be the fact that I broke down and turned the furnace back on) I found myself wanting to go back. The flip side could be that this cold weather had me chilled to the bone and the sauna heated my old bones up. I will give a try again.

Karen W said...

Yeah!! A new blog!!!

Have no fear summer is around that corner and you will have energy and lots of adventures to blog. How about that camping trip coming up? Amazing that you (George) packs (and repacks, and repacks) that van to go up north camping!!! I love it!! You are such an inspiration!!!

KL thanks for trying the new sauna and giving a report. I would like to try it also. Didn't know it was "UP" and running totally. I could have used it these past couple of days!!! Today I seem to be doing better.

guess who said...

#3 & #4

Karen L said...

I saw that George was out driving today. Did he ok it with Dr. Vicki?

Karen W said...

Now I think we have been awefully PATIENT little peeps!!

Anonymous said...

You are right Karen W. We want a new sneeze from this blogger. Put a hot compress on the neck and just a "dime'll do ya". We want to hear good news about George and also your neck. If not I'll phone again. That ought to scare you. Love, Fran.

Karen L said...

What did you think of the sauna?