Friday, June 19, 2009

Pearls of Wisdom choo choo

Oh, dearie me. To think my pearls of wisdom are so widely sought!

George is slowly healing up and his sciatic pain is gone.!!!!! Now he just has to be careful not to upset the 5 inch slice up his backbone. So far so good.

I have been up and down. Naomi was here for a few days. We were going to go camping, but felt we were not up to it, so we just camped here at home. Fun. She cut my hair and took me out for lunch at Butler's Pantry in Alex. We visited the book store! and she bought me the latest Laurie R. King book. Great few days. We went to the sauna at It Figures and I decided to sign up for it. I am always so cold, it should be a good alternative to my mom's Wool Quilt.

As usual our book club was stellar. We discussed the book Middlesex, the Pulitzer Prize Winning novel by Jeffrey Eugenides. It is the story of a girl who discovers she is a hermaphrodite, and she is really a boy. A wonderful story of a wide span of history. We thought it was a bit long winded, but in general a good read.

I am having a roller coaster existence at the moment. One day up, the next day down. We'll have to see if we can even it out in the up area, and wipe out the down. Good luck.

Take care.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So relieved to see you writing again. Just saw Benjamin Button --what a story! I had a hard time getting started in it because I thought my hearing was bad --when the dying woman is trying to talk. But it was worth it to keep tryng. I looked at it two times (Netflix. Amazing idea.Fran

Karen W said...

Love Netflix.

Glad George is painfree.

Butlers Pantry? Without me???
See you Monday!! You can start getting yourself mentally prepared.

Karen said...

I have yet to have lunch at Butler's Pantry. I need to put that on my list the next time in Alex.

Ms. Larson said...

I had so much fun with you Mom. You really know how to have fun "girl" time! And your new haircut is really cute, if I do say so myself!

Karen W said...

KL Stick with Vicki and I ~ ~ we will take you places!!! HAHA

We could do Butler's Pantry for "your" birthday. . ? Here's the rational . . . you eat a salad and THEN have DESSERT. These are the kind of dessert's I give as gifts. Ya. . .. those kind. HMMM HMMM HMMM. Not hip friendly though.

Anonymous said...

Send a picture of the new haircut. It's been a week since you wrote here. Fran.