Saturday, August 29, 2009

Books

I could make quite a list of the books that I like. The last book we had in bookclub makes the top of the list of books that I LOVE.

The name in itself is so quirky that I could love it just because of that: THE GUERNSEY LITERARY and POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY. It is the sole volume published by Mary Ann Shaffer, with editing and finishing help from her neice Annie Barrows.

I love so many aspects of it. It's a small easily read volume with everything one wants in a good read: suspense, love, hatefullness, gallantry, values, humor, -- in short, WAHOO. Take my advice and order it immediately.

The intriguing title will become clear as you read. I've read it twice now, and will soon begin the third read. I am smitten!

Take care.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I walked down to the book store immediately after reading your blog. Got the Potato Peel book and the lady who helped me find it said it was the October selection for their book club which meets the first Wednesday of each month at Benny's Bistro which is just a block or two from my place. So a new book club. Thanks. Love, Fran.

Karen W said...

Just having time to read a book sounds fun. Maybe someday.

Good things come in small packages. . .

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki
Okay, I'm trying it. I have to thank you for what I'm enjoying. I have a body in a library upstairs and a smart mouth detective downstairs & I'm hooked on both. I should have someone in my car too but I'll just keep my crossword puzzles there for now,
Many thanks from Marlo

karen l said...

I wish I had an attention span long enough to want to read a book more than once. I would like to have time enough to read a book. Can't believe how busy my life can get.

Anonymous said...

Please... read this book at least once. It is a delight. v

Ms. Larson said...

I'm gonna have to check it out!