Saturday, August 08, 2009

More


Aunt Naomi stayed with us for six weeks. We took a trip to the beach where she got terribly sunburned without being in the sun. She was on a shady porch, but somehow the sun is reflected from the salt crystals in the air. She was on gold treatments for her rheumatoid arthritis which made her especially sensitive to sun.


She slept under a mosquito net but still got many mosquito bites. No matter what difficulty she took it in stride. We had a blast. We celebrated "little" Naomi's second birthday together.


But then it was time for her to leave. We took her to the airport and I slipped her this little hairy hare to put in her purse. It is a rabbit carved out of some sort of quartz. A pun, if you wish.
Take care.

3 comments:

Karen L said...

I would bet that you were a wonderful storyteller to your children. I could sit and read your memories all day long.

Karen L said...

Am I the only one who loves to hear Vicki's memories? I don't want her to get discouraged.

Karen W said...

Yes, we love to hear her stories but usually when I check there is nothing new. I think we need to request a new post about twice a week at least.

Aunt Naomi sounds like a real trooper. I do know medications can really raise havoc with our bodies and sun sensitivity is definitely not fun, especially if you are not even IN the sun and get sunburned!!

Don't for get about my rabbit picture I sent you. I'm sure you will come up with some wonderful story for that too.