Monday, September 07, 2009

Preparations

It's so much fun to make preparations... not. We are busy making plans for a trip. We try to get by with a carryaboard. Now that takes planning. So far things are looking possible. I'll let you know later how good my plans are!

Everyone has been making plans for the start of school. Oofta. I can remember the days when we would have a few days of school before the Laborday break. All the 4H kids were down at the State Fair with their projects, so we would have everyone for about two days, and then just a few of those who didn't go to the fair. And then after a few days, everyone was back and had already forgotten what we talked about the first couple of days. It was the most ridiculous unrealistic plan ever. AAAAAAAAAAAGH. I did have fun playing games with those few who had remained in my class during the fair. I taught Spanish, so we played games in Spanish.

I will write more after our trip to let you know of any misadventures -- or just adventures that we might have. Always a good time.

Take care.

5 comments:

Ms. Larson said...

I'm excited for you trip! So fun, you'll have to get Matt to take you to some museums! I'm gonna miss you guys though! Love

Anonymous said...

I will be very interested in how your packing went. I always take way too much.But then I never plan...just wing it. Are you going to post a list? It would be helpful shoud I ever travel again.
Anyhow, have a safe trip & a wonderful time. See you on the
22nd hopefully.
Love Marlo

Karen L said...

Hopefully this finds you safely in your new place of residence for the next few weeks. No tuck and rolls?

Again, thank you for the wonderful lunch at your secret place.

Karen W said...

Hope you arrived safely and without incidence in the airport.

I miss you at the gym. . . . KL is working me way too hard. HAHA

Say HI to everyone. I feel like we know them. Happy Birthday to Matthew.

Anonymous said...

We got here as slick as could be. I did not even have to employ my tuck and roll expertise. Packing was fine and even getting through security was less daunting than usual. My cell pphone does not work out here. Sigh. Send me an e-mail so I can check that and have your addresses. love, v