Sunday, September 13, 2009

We made it!

Going through security is always upsetting. Taking off your shoes, jacket, scarf, cell phone, etc., tends to be somewhat discombobulating.

We made it through relatively unscathed, and the flights were fine. Turns out our cell phones do not work here in John's house, but will work when we are out and about.

We're trying to learn how to use the buses and the metro to get around. We went to the Smithsonian yesterday and I went to the hirshorn art museum. Fabulous.

Perhaps I will have more news soon... until then, Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you . How long will you be gone? Sounds like you are getting around just fine. Keep us posted. Love, Fran.

Karen W said...

I have been telling people about the wonderful store and restaraunt you took us too. I can't wait to go back!!

Hannah is getting her graduation pictures taken today. I have mixed emotions about that. Amazing how different things are then when I had my pictures taken.

How fun to get around by bus and rail. Much easier out east, and you don't have to worry about parking.

Have a great day and I eagerly await your next post.

Karen L said...

Have you been dividing your time between tours and watching tennis?

The weather here has been great!