Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wow

We're here. We have gone on the metro. We have driven. (Thank God that John and Beth have a GPS.) I visited a museum! I visited Barnes and Noble and racked up a respectable bill. I have been painting.

Also, because of the many different levels of John and Beth's house I have become a much better stair climber and going downer. My legs are stronger by the day!

Both John and Beth are good chefs, although Beth seems to be doing the most chef-ing this time. We are eating magnificent meals. It was Matt's 8th birthday and he got his requested cake: a brownie filled with chocolate chips. Cut it in half so as to make a two layer brownie cake like structure filled and covered with chocolate frosting filled with chocolate chips. Wow! A cake to die for (really).

I have been feeling much more myself and I'm having a wonderful time. I didn't get to watch much tennis as they don't have the tennis channel here. Oh, well, there is always HGTV.

Take care.

5 comments:

Karen L said...

Your days sound grand!

I bet Matt loves having you there because you are so much fun to spend time with.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki
I'd love to see what's on your B&N receipt.
Enjoy your time away. Sounds as tho we may miss you on Tuesday.
Love Marlo

Karen W said...

You are amazing . . . driving around Alexandria, VA, climbing stairs, painting . . .

Sounds like you don't miss me at all . . . sigh :(

Anonymous said...

I will read your blog only once. Just reading it once sent my glucose count way up. Fran

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Grandma is having fun!
Will you be home for book club on Tuesday? Sharon