Thursday, December 22, 2005

The artist and her work!


I am so excited to be introduced to the world of blog by my darling daughter Naomi. So far it has been great fun.
The painting that begins this page, Evening Tide, is entered in a show at the Lake Region Arts Council Gallery at Fergus Falls. I started painting rather conventional landscapes about 8 years ago when I quit teaching, but have now begun painting wild fluid acrylics and mixed media on paper. This painting is 27" x 35" unframed. It was painted to go in an exhibit called "Poetry/Visual Arts."
I am trying to find my voice as an artist. I think I will put in a picture of one I painted just now. I will add it tomorrow after I get it photographed, etc. and in due time it will appear like magic in this wonderful blog.
Hi to you all. I am excited. More tomorrow. vicki larson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture of you is awesome! You are so beautiful and you have great, wild, and wooly hair!

Kari said...

This is wild! I just posted a comment about Laurie R. King (see below)and how her hair reminded me of yours -- and I hadn't even read Naomi's comment yet or seen this picture. This picture hadn't finished uploading when I wrote the comment, but I was picture you and Laurie . . . and wishing I could see a picture of you to see if I was remembering correctly. Then I scrolled back up and here was your photo and Na's comment. I guess this exposes my non-linear method for reading blogs. I didn't start at the beginning -- I just started hopping around!