Friday, December 23, 2005

Coneflowers


This isn't the new painting, but I haven't gotten around to taking that photo yet! This is a watercolor of coneflowers. The very original title is "Coneflowers".
I am working on quilt tops for my great nephew and niece. Their father taught English speaking students in Singapore and Africa and passed away a few years ago. His collection of Indonesian cotton short-sleeved shirts are being used to make memorial quilts for his two children. It is such a labor of love. I'll try to include pictures of the completed quilts later.
For those interested in my work, I plan to post pictures of many of my paintings for your enjoyment (and purchasing!)
Christmas is coming and may you have a blessed time with your families and friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicki,
I love your art work and can't wait to see the quilts!
Cherie

Anonymous said...

Mom, This is a wonderful painting. Did you know that echinacea is made out of coneflowers? I just discovered that this morning. This painting looks good on your blog, but even better in real life.