Monday, February 25, 2008

Nauticus visit

Yesterday the five of us visited the USS Wisconsin and the Nauticus museum. If you are reading this blog, Dana and Naomi, I saw some Koi fish swimming and identified by name in the fish tanks. Brought back a nostalgic Scrabble twinge!

The Nauticus is a museum of the history of the navy. It was extremely interesting and designed to be hands on for children (and adults!) One of the most fun things was to use one of the undersea deals they use for exploring shipwrecks. They had prongs to reach out and pick up stuff much like the deals at the supermarket to pick up stuffed animals.

It's hard for me to remember I am in Virginia where so much of early American history took place. All of a sudden I will be struck by a name and realize THIS IS THE PLACE THAT HAPPENED. Quite a thrill.

I am really missing Naomi today. It was great for all of us to be together at once. Take care.

5 comments:

bananafish said...

Hey Mom, I miss you too. by the way Dayna has a y in her name, fyi!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an interesting excursion! WE love history too so we enjoyed our visit to Virginia.

Naomi came to the gym today so I had fun visiting with her. I tried to get her to use 2 hoola hoops at the same time. No go!

The weather has improved substantially here!!!! Now you can come home and not turn to an ice block!

Can anyone help me out. How do I post a comment without being ANON??

Karen W

Anonymous said...

You have to click the name circle and then a box will come up for you to type your name in.

Anonymous said...

I did that before but it required a URL????

So, I am trying it again and I will see what happens.

Hey Vicki, Hannah and I went to the gym afterschool to tan and guess who was there????

Anonymous said...

HEY!!!! IT WORKED!!!!

You are so smart KL!!