Friday, February 15, 2008

On our way!



We're on our way once again attempting to make it to Virginia. As you might remember on the last trip we thought we were going to Virginia and wound up in the hospital in Fargo with George having a gall bladder-ectomy... or whatever. So now we are trying again!

This is my painting in progress. I am having fun once again. I painted this on a canvas panel that once held a portrait. I gessoed it and started over! Voila. It's never over until it's over.

Fran is back. She sounds as though she had a great time! Now she is trying to get herself organized enough so that she can start the art thing with a new rug and some other projects. We are definitely into art, as Fran's two daughters and my daughter are also artists! We're a frisky bunch. Naomi plans to be out in Virginia, too, so we can celebrate her birthday together.

If we can weather the extreme cold and make it to Fargo, it should be fine. I'll try to blog while I am in Virginia. Take care!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new approach. I am going to do that, too --gesso over a couple of the portraits I did at our class. This is a departure from anything you have done before and it is great. Bon Voyage and keep in touch. Fran.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! LOOK at that painting!!! Uffda!!

You never cease to amaze me with your originality! I love all the brilliant colors. I only hope the portrait you painted over was not wonderful. And you are not always the best judge of that.

I will miss you as you are gone but I bet I will get a better workout!

Anonymous said...

OK I had to post as ANON too but it didn't post my name.

Karen W

bananafish said...

gorgeous mom-love the vibrant color and the figure reminds me of a pictograph or petroglyph from the southwest. awesome

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new painting. my first thought upon seeing it was "WOW" I could envision that on a wall in my home.

Reading your blog is such a day brightener. Tax season is becoming exhausting. It has been work, sleep (dream (nightmare) about taxes) eat and TRY to exercise some.

I miss you seeing the morning crew at the gym.