Saturday, May 17, 2008

The new me

I have had quite a week. I will soon be all remade and be able, not only to see, but also to hear! I have ordered new "stylin'" eyeglasses with the help of KW. I have also ordered hearing aids for both ears.

George went with me and we met with the ear guy. He explained that I didn't suddenly lose so much hearing but that the coping skills I had developed finally had reached their limit to make sense of what I was hearing. So we will see how it goes. He said I could probably hear vowel sounds but not distinguish the consonants. I know that when I watch "Wheel of Fortune" I don't know what letter has been said until Vanna puts it on the board.

My family will be overjoyed now if it turns out I don't have to have the TV on so loud! John has cat-like hearing and the loudness hurts his ears I am sure. The reason I am sure is that he heaved a sigh of relief when I told him I was getting hearing aids! I am excited!

I am trying to get ready for our family get-together. It will be such a wonderful time!

Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ho, hi ho my stylin' friend. I could not resist using your catch phase back at you! Can't wait to see the new eye wear. Soon I will be back to the fitness center with some regularity.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I think she is going to look stunning (even more so than she already does). She has been having a busy schedule!

We moved Christopher home from college yesterday. What a job!! I am taking Monday even slower than usual!