Saturday, May 03, 2008

Well, finally....



The sun is shining brightly.

This is the rotten pear picture as I found it. I have since done a bit to it so you will have a chance to comment on which version you prefer. (or none?)

We went to St. Paul to visit Naomi and had a fun time. I got a hair cut. We visited Fran. She got to see Naomi's apartment. I found the book we're reading in book club at a second hand book store. "Light a Penny Candle" by Maeve Binchy. I am just beginning to read it and it is very charming. All in all a fun time!

Now I am at home and trying to get up enough energy to go shopping for glasses. KW? When should we go? She promises me we can find me some cute ones. I want cheap but cute. Do you suppose that is possible? Or is cute always more expensive. We will see. I promise a picture when it is all accomplished.

Take care.

4 comments:

bananafish said...

I ADORE this painting and have not seen it before! I wish you'd not touched it, it's so great as it is--boo hooo

Anonymous said...

Even rotting pears are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Living alone the spoiling of produce of any kind is a constant thing I try to avoid. „While Vicki had her haircut, Naomi and I went around the corner to Lund's grocery. Naomi, I ate all the raspberries and strawberries without one spoilage. And the bananas and apples are delicious. I avoided pears evidently because I have none --before i even saw the painting. Loved your large pear painting on Naomi's dining room wall.. Fran.

Anonymous said...

Interesting pear pianting. So, how do you get the color of "YUCHK"!! Or "EWWW"?

I am so looking forward to helping with the glasses!! Even if you don't buy them ~ just to see what fun we can have trying them on!!!

As I stated before I will always make time for you Vicki!!