Monday, July 21, 2008

all right, already



This is one of the paintings that I painted at the workshop. The teacher was Cal deRuyter.

I was all tired out after all the exertion, but am feeling rather well. My ears need tuning up. I go back on Wednesday. I had to miss last week because of the workshop.

This coming Sunday we are going to get to see Izzy and Enid after church. They are going to be at coffee hour. I am going to try to make up a poster of pix from their blogs from Japan. I am way excited to see them. It is decidedly odd to meet someone whom you know intimately from blogging but know not much in "real" life. Will be interesting. I will try to take pix. You are all invited to the coffee. Church starts at 9:30, coffee time right after.

The garden is flourishing. Take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??? You didn't mention anything about Izzy and Enid this morning!! Please tell them I say HI and GET BLOGGING!!!

I am trying to work on the pile on my desk so I will have to take time later to gaze at your painting. I want to reserve commenting on it until then.

How sweet of your older sister to give you the "what for". She is hiking, camping, and setting up shop and she still finds time to comment.

You looked stunning at the gym today!! We will get a good picture with all your new stuff for the blog. A real Diva I tell ya!!

Anonymous said...

After the music, fireworks. Saturday night I went with a few couples --friends of Jeff and Janiece. They had an annual Carrol Çollege symphony orchestra Under the Stars. Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin was featured guest artist --it marked the 39th anniversary of his 1969 trip to the moon. Aldrin narrated Gustav Holtz's "The Planets". Earlier in the day one of our party went and anchored down our blanket for the evening concert..They expected 15000 people --they ran out of programs. It is a free concert and the hills around the college looked like a patchwork quilt. This is their tenth anniversary concert. Everyone honors the owner of each blanket! Fran

Anonymous said...

I love your painting.
How are the ears? Both Andrea and Morgan have hearing loss. What is bothersome? Fran.

Anonymous said...

The fireworks were after the concert. I don't know how that first sentence got out f context. Oh well. Fran.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Fran is your biggest FAN! Either that or she purposely made mistakes to comment on them later and reach the magic number
"4". It worked!!

Drum rollllllll

New blog pleeeeeaase!!