Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Can't Wait!!

I can't wait for the four comments. You guys are too lazy. I had a wonderful day yesterday as I took my new ears to my book club and heard everything! Wahoo. I was chided for speaking too softly, but they have to understand I hear my own voice in my ears, too.

We did the book "Beyond the Sky and the Earth" by Jamie Zeppa. I give it a mixed review, but we all thought she had a wonderful way with words. It is a story about her trip from Canada to Bhutan to teach English. Of course, she suffers severe culture shock and then falls in love with Bhutan... and finds it hard to come back to Canada. Two of us in the book club are former missionaries, so we know how THAT feels. We had a great brunch first and then dug fiercely into the book. The discussion gets very lively. Fun.

This morning I took my new ears in to get adjusted. Endlessly fascinating. The fine tuning is fun as I get to chat with Kevin. (He's the ear guy.) The ears do feel a bit more fine tuned! As I have an art workshop next week, we'll see how that goes. Last year I had to stand next to the lecturer to be sure I didn't miss anything. As I am endlessly curious, I didn't mind the stares of the other participants... Now I hope I will not only hear the teacher, but also all of the comments thrown about by the others. Heaven.

Take care and get off your duffs and leave comments!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOSH! You don't need to reprimand the WHOLE crew ~ just the lazy ones. You make me feel as though my comment posting is futile!! What am I chopped liver????

As for your "lively" bookclub discussions ~ can you elaborate? I have a preconceived idea of "lively".

I suppose "workshop" means no gym. What will I do???

bananafish said...

glad to hear the ears are hearing!

Anonymous said...

I am going to miss your blogs for the next week. We are leaving for Washington DC on Sunday. I am so excited as I have never been there. I will bring back pictures.

Also, the patio is nearly done so you can come out soon.

Anonymous said...

I think I have commented lots. But I have had three days of camping and climbing in the mountains --I am so tickled with the ability to climb in the mountains --Of course with my poles. The cabin we stayed at was without electricity and had an outhouse. The cabin is furnished and rented by the Forest rangers or whatever they are called. We heated our meals on a fire and grill arrangement. Nice cabin with four bunk beds. The beauty of nature here is spectacular. Morgan and I are resting to recover from our wonderful start to her vacation. More later with pictures..Fran