Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lush Landscape



We moseyed up to Battle Lake Sunday evening and the scenery was breathtaking. When Minnesota decides to be beautiful, it certainly succeeds.

Today I went to the ear guy again. Trying to get a nice balance between the voices I want to hear and those which are just annoying noise. You'll just have to guess which YOU are!! No. When one is in a big group of people I think it is hard for everyone to hear, not just those of us who are hearing challenged. I find it is just amazing when I take my "ears" off how I feel encased in cotton batting. They definitely help. But I do reccommend MY ear guy to you. He's a peach.

I have another painting I'm working on. I am toying with calling it "Seven Sisters" after Patty and Jodi's song and the seven hills north of here. We'll see how it goes.

Naomi got back from her hike today all in one piece. I only talked to her for a minute but they had nice weather and a great time. Four days must seem like a stroll in the park after the five week stint in Spain!

Thanks for all your comments. I am blushing with joy. Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is a photograph ---or one of your paintings.?? You are sounding like you feel much better. So glad to hear it. Didn't know about Naomi's hike More info please. Fran.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about Naomi's hike either. We must have had so many exciting things to discuss that we didn't make it to that subject.

Have fun in Battle Lake again tomorrow and drive safely!!!! Vroom Vroom

bananafish said...

WELL! My hike was awesome. My friend Paul and I (this is our 4th hike like this) hiked a section of the Superior Hiking Trail! It is really fun. We carry all our gear (or I should say HE carries most of it) and we camp along the way. That part of MN is gorgeous-absolutley breathtaking. Hiking is a great way to see things.

Ms. Larson said...

4.
i'm bored over here...