Monday, July 07, 2008

Back Again



I went out of the house just once during the 4th of July festivities. I went to the pageant presented at the Pioneer Village here in Evansville. Fantastic! You will notice the fine ampitheatre that has been built on the Village grounds. They are planning pageants each year to honor other early inhabitants. This year it was the Ojibwa. There was an Indian long house that people labored long and hard to complete inspite of the rain. Next year there will be a wigwam.

The rest of my time over the fourth was spent glued to the TV. I saw two of the most excellent tennis matches ever played. The Williams sisters (Venus won) and Federer and Nadal (Nadal won).

I started watching the F/N match at 8 am and it finished at 3. What fantastic tennis. The phone rang as the match was ending and I knew it would be Fran. Sure enough. We both LOVE to watch tennis. Go figure. Nadal won set one and two, Federer three and four, and they battled out the fifth set to nine/seven as there are no tie breaks on the last set at Wimbledon.

I watched the fireworks from the bedroom window. Very nice. I am not very excited about fireworks. Why imitate bombs? It seems counter intuitive to me. They are pretty though.

Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was as close to perfect as it can get. --the Nadal win. I don't know why but I wanted Federer to win. Anyway it was the most impressive I have ever seen.Morgan is in the Badlands and headed this way. Jeff ad Janiece have rented a cabin and hopefully when Morgan gets here tomorrow we will all go to this primitive cabin to enjoy the spectacular vistas hereabouts. More later. Fran.

Anonymous said...

Do I hear a painting coming out of you watching the fireworks from your bedroom window??? I can just about see it! Something like a child at Christmas waiting for Santa. Half excited and half "ho hum" he will never come and I'm bored! I can totally envision your face!! If I were a painter I'd paint it and if I had a hammer. .. . .

Time to call it a day. . . . oh mannnn . . . . . and I was just getting started!!