Friday, November 07, 2008

After the Fall

I spent most of my time in Virginia watching the HGtv channel. If I ever want to freshen up my house, I now know all of the tricks. The only trouble is that they all cost money. Right now all of us seem to be feeling the money crunch.

I counted the ABCs of my fall... Abrasions, Bruises, and Cuts and Contusions. As well as I could tell there were between 18 and 20 major ones. I just let my body take care of the healing and I am feeling remarkably fine now.

The trip home was relatively uneventful. No escalators in evidence, for one thing. I did lose a Tommy Helfiger black velvet jacket, however. Now I won't have to feel bad when I wear something that collects my shedding white hair in abundance. I will stick to either multi-colored or light colored clothes! Adjustment is always the name of the game.

We have been home for two days and I have not managed to get my mind in gear. What with the change of time and the trip from the east coast, we have lost two hours. oofta. George is busy doing endless things, and I have been just trying to get my mind going again. I have not even unpacked my bag. Two days, and I haven't unpacked yet. I mean, really. Get with the program.

Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always know how to make a trip memorable!! Glad you didn't do too much damage.

I know what you mean about packing and unpacking. It just seems like such a chore!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home. I didn't have John's number but I did e-mail Naomi to get your whereabouts. Now just let your body heal from the trauma. You'll be fine and dandy. Even without the fall, a trip like that is wearing. I don't suppose Barak can help finances in a day or so. here's hoping Social Security holds out. My pension from Wis. is going to be hit. And my investments are halved. But I am still wearing my Obama pin on my jacket. Morgan spent that day driving people to the polls. I am glad I lived to see this day but we shall see what can be done with this colossal mess. Love Fran.

Ms. Larson said...

Glad you survived the escalator incident and gave me a great story to tell all of my friends!