Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday

For many of you folks that are still hard at work (Thank God if you still have a job!) Monday is a rather hard day. It's hard to get into the swing of things. The week starts off slow, then speeds up, and then you can hardly wait for the last stroke of the keyboard on Friday.

When you're retired, each day kind of melts into the next. It all becomes a blur punctuated by making meals and watching your favorite TV shows. And reading books! And going to the gym.

Today has the feel of spring. The birds are busy. There is a pair of house finches with their lovely red tinted heads at the feeder. Also chickadees and nuthatches. So much fun to watch.

Take care.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to see you had time for a new blog today. Did you stick your nose outside just to breath in that Spring Air??? How Heavenly!!!

Gets ones "motivation" juices flowing!!

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

We are having the most beautiful soft snowfall of the winter today.. I went out to mail some letters and it is mild but frosted with white. So that's where Jack Frost got his name!! I regret not taking my camera. We are holding our breath waiting for the new puppies to get born. I called off going to the knitting party tomorrow. I don't want to miss the news.....I am working on odds and ends instead of starting a new craft project,Loretta. Glad you got in touch with Elaine. Love, Fran.

Anonymous said...

The air had the smell of spring....how wonderful.

Mondays always seem to be chaotic. It seems as if we try to punch through the day hoping that Tuesday will come soon. I do know what you mean although about the feeling of one day rolling into another. When I am busy with Jeffrey during field work and in the summer I have to sometimes remind myself as to what day of the week it is.
When office work begins at the tax office I am fully aware of the day of the week and YES.....can't wait for the last keystroke on Fridays.

Anonymous said...

Tip from Eloise! To be sure of the day I often check with my cell phone just to be sure. It is handy little gadget Fran.

Anonymous said...

Yes, cell phones are wonderful inventions. I take mine to Mexico. We don't have service but I use it as an alarm clock and " to find out what day it is" because everyday is "beach" day in Mexico!!

I tried calling you last night but You didn't answer. Probably deep in a book and didn't notice your phone.

See you next week!

Ms. Larson said...

mom, i wrote a comment on "snow beautiful snow"