Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snow, beautiful SNOW

We are in the midst of a good old fashioned blizzard. Get out the popcorn and the dvds. Not only do we have the warnings of the weather prognosticators, but we can see it with our own eyes. Wahoo. I especially enjoy it as I am retired and can just cuddle down in my recliner and enjoy being able to be in my nice warm house.

Poor Naomi, on the other hand, fell victim to a giant pothole. She is presently without wheels and in the quandary of whether to repair or buy. Decisions, decisions. Just when she was starting to get her ducks in a row, whammo. That about covers life, actually.

Enjoy the snow, if possible! Take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought for a brief moment about the popcorn and a cup of tea...but then settled on the cup of tea and my recipe folder to see if there is something I can make that I would not otherwise have made due to lack of time. Yet, I have not completely ruled out cleaning a closet. I feel like a duck out of water when I usually should be at work at this time of the day.

Anonymous said...

Wow-Great day, even if it was storming. Got a closet cleaned, did the laundry, made a meal and many other things.

Someday maybe I will learn to sit back and relax on days like this.

Anonymous said...

I always -- well most always loved a good blizzard. I may be speaking too soon, but this has been a mild winter here. I thought moving so close to the Canadian border would mean real winter weather. We had a snowfall this week but it has mostly melted away. It is cold --23 degrees--reported today. Those that want to denounce the theory that we are not a warming planet will probably not live long enough to be convinced. Here we needed a couple days of 40 below to kill off the beetles which are killing the trees on the mountains. We will probably have to live or die with the hand that's dealt us...Or that we are responsible for "stacking the deck".

Anonymous said...

All your friends and family are looking forward to your blogs. I talked to Elaine tonight. Did you get the e-mail bout her fall? I didn't and was eager to talk to her about it the last e-mail about her recovering. I was going to call you too but never know how late you stay up. I'll try tomorrow. Janiece and Lauren came home today. Love, Fran.

Ms. Larson said...

Mom, I love your comment about life and ducks in a row and WHAMMO! superb!