Sunday, May 03, 2009

Heavens to Betsy!

It's time to officially announce that my daughter is a genius.

She's came up for the weekend, and we drove to Alexandria. I didn't have enough energy to get out of the car. She managed to take me to lunch (We went to the drive-in at Jimmy John's and shared a #1). Then she went to fleet farm and got grass seed and trash bags for George and got gas. In addition, she found an adorable sweat shirt/jacket for me. Then we went to Herberger's. I had some coupons for one of their fantastic sales, but I wasn't up to the crowds, so she went in, coupons in hand.

She bought me two pair of JEANS and a pale blue T-shirt. I thought, is the girls nuts?

Jeans are hard to find even for yourself. But I didn't have enough energy to protest. We stopped for coffee at a drive in window at Dunn's Coffee, and then we went home.

Both pairs of jeans, the T shirt and the sweat shirt/jacket fit me PERFECTLY. What a genius. I mean she should be a professional shopper.

As you can tell, I just can't get over it. Take care.

7 comments:

Ms. Larson said...

It was fun Mom, and you look fantastic! Genius might be pushing it. Just a little!

Karen l said...

Don't you just love it when you know your daughter knows you so well!

Jenna is like that also and I love her to pieces for it. Every gift she has ever given me is just perfect. Derek on the other hand must see his mother through rose colored glasses. He tends to get me gifts that would fit someone with an obviously different figure than mine. I still love his effort and he is not offended if I ask him to return it rather than have his money wasted.

Anonymous said...

Being a genius besides being adorable --it's hard to beat. Now take a photo of the new stylish you, Loretta. Fran

Karen W said...

I;m back!!!

I can hardly wait to see your new duds!!! You are stylin' girl friend!!!

Hannah has that affect on me also. She picks things I wouldn't even pick off the rack and . .. . they look wonderful!! I will miss her when she graduates!!

We had a fantastic trip to Ireland. It is like a fairytale land!! Wet and chilly though!! Part of the fun of the trip is meeting the people along the way and hearing all thier stories. And we heard some interesting ones!!!!

I got to meet my Irish relatives for the first time also. Pretty cool!

See you Wednesday. . you have had a LOT of time off so I am quite certain you are ANXIOUS to get back to the gym and get working . . right????

Fran, we love the Pollyanna movie

Karen l said...

Heavens to Betsy! It is time for a new blog.

Anonymous said...

Good Golly Miss Molly....write.

Karen W said...

Umm. . . I think Your Fanclub wants a NEW BLOG!!!

You should have seen Vicki in her NEW duds at the gym. .. . she looked stunning!!!

Very good picks Nay!!