Tuesday, May 12, 2009

OK Already!

Hmmmm. I am wearing some of my stylin' new duds and preparing for a three day trip with my fabulous book club ladies. You can await my detailed report of said trip.

Right now I am enjoying the greening up of the grass. And, of course, the blue lake waters next to the reeds. My favorite color combination.

I went to the eye guy yesterday, and it seems my right eye has taken a recalcitrant turn. He prescribed new lenses for my stylin' rims which I ordered and which will soon be ready. Of course, "soon" is such a relative term. We'll wait and see how soon "soon" is. The doctor said the change will be rather severe and I might feel the floor coming up to see me. Just so I don't go down to see the floor, we'll be ok.

I've been seeing Mourning Doves (or is it Morning Doves?), sparrows, finches, downy (sp?) woodpeckers, and just a few purple grackles. The grackles seem to have moved on. Yippee! The starlings haven't come to make nuisances of themsleves. AND THE MARTINS ARE HERE!!! Now life as we know it can continue.

KL: Is your adorable birdbath holding up? A thing of beauty!

Take care. (There is a pair of gold finches now. The male is spectacularly yellow, and the female a muted chartreuse. Beautiful.)

5 comments:

KL said...

I found my birdbath in ruins one morning late last summer. I was devastated-well not devastated but disappointed to say the least. I believe that some sort of animal may have jumped onto it and tipped it off its stand. It had been sitting near our back porch so it could have been a landing spot for one or some of the millions of squirrels that traverse our yard. When I say million I really mean it. Well sort of as our yard seems to be a wild life sanctuary. With out a dog or cats to scare them off it is relatively safe here.

I just bought a new birdbath this past weekend that has a locking feature for the bowl and the base...it is great.

Karen W said...

I am sure you are the "star" of your retreat with your new duds!! You really do look marvelous in them with your hair color and those stylin glasses which are soon to have new glass.

You know me. . . I went to put lotion on this morning and there was an Oriol in our tree by the house. Yep, I got really excited!!! Amazing what excites us Minnesotan's!?? There were the male and female "grossbeaks" and my Indigo Bunting showed up also!! Now I will be scrambling for the hummingbird feeder!! And I spell it mourning doves because my grandma said their call sounds like they are mourning. Grandma was always right. Even if not, I loved her dearly!!!

She used to sit and tell us made-up stories and draw pictures of birds and bunnies for us. She also had a jar of buttons that we used to sit and look at. She had one with a cat face and the eyes moved. . . oh to have that button now!! I thought it was the coolest thing!!

I'm so glad you plan to go camping this summer!! Really the whole idea of YOU camping makes me laugh. You don't like yard work or gardening but you go camping??? Too funny!

Well, I will be waiting with bated breath on Friday. Although I have exercised with you long enough to know NOW what you will tell me when I call on Friday. .. . surprise me!

KL . . . I can take care of your squirrels if you want me to.

Karen l said...

Surely you're not suggesting.....

I do tolerate squirrels. At least they are not eating off the buds of my tulips (like some rabbits I know) and littering my patio with droppings (darn sparrows). Those are the things that make me want to shout.

Anonymous said...

You should be back home now. Tell us about your three day excursion--and in your stylish duds, too! Fran.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Vickie, I await your comments on the time at Blue Cloud. Will you be able to post the photo from Marlo? Back is acting up, gotta quit. Sharon