Saturday, January 26, 2008

whew




If these apparitions don't scare you, nothing will! My daughter and her dog went out for a session of cross country skiing during that REALLY COLD session we had last week. Please notice the paw protectors on el doggo... and the glowing eyes. wow. the skier's eyes were surrounded by ice on her eyelashes, but that does not show up on the picture. Hardy Minnesotans! wow.

She has started a new blog with several of her friends, and if you go to the Naomi link on my blog, there is a link to the new blog there, I believe. She and her doggo are now in Minneapolis.

George is still coughing, but we hope his bronchitis will soon be better. I am fine except for a sprained middle finger on my left hand. It is amazing how much work that finger does. Until a finger or toe is sore you have no idea. It is even noticeable in the typing of this blog. ... and opening the car door or picking up stuff. It is used a lot. I fell in the fluffy snow and had trouble getting up. I had to get at just the right angle to get enough leverage to hoist my aging body back to my feet. Oofta. Luckily I had my cell phone with me if I couldn't have gotten up I could have called for help.

Oh, yeah, and the other night we had a carbon monoxide scare. Our detectors went off at about 2:30 a.m., so we went outside and called 911. The lights were sort of dim and I guess the electricity was just faint enough it caused the detectors to sound off. We had the sheriff, the first responders and other folks in attendance, but it was caused by the blowout of a circuit breaker somewhere. After everyone was pretty sure it was the faint electricity which caused the problem we went back to bed about 4 a.m. Luckily there was no harm to my computer, but I had a terrible time reprogramming my TV and my VCR/DVD. sigh. These new addictions to technology take some attention.

We are going to have warmer weather this weekend. Hopefully not so warm that we will have melting problems. ... Then back into the deep freeze. Wahoo. Take care.

3 comments:

bananafish said...

those pictures did turn out pretty great-especially of John Ya Ya. Mom neglected to mention that it was JYY's fault that she fell in the snow: he pulled too hard on the leash. bummer. the new blog address is: http://www.blogyourmind-collective.blogspot.com
if you want to check it out. we will all have "handles" instead of using our real names, so with that said: signing off for,

Anonymous said...

That diary of your last few days reads like a "double whew". This past weeks weather makes me yearn for the glory days of summer spent gardening and golfing. The countdown to April 15th has begun and then to quote MLK "free at last" or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the cold weather has a definite affect on ones person. I have been remarkably good about not whining this year. . . but Tim has taken up the slack!! Who would have guessed Mr Winter/Snowmobiler fanatic would be loathing winter???

The only thing missing from those pictures is the frown of disgust. Otherwise they certainly do capture the heart of brutal cold days.

Summer. . . now there's a road which I dare not go down too soon!! I try not to let myself go somewhere before it's time. That is when the whining really gets bad!!

I am amused at the thought of using a "handle" ~ I will try to come up with something creative.

See you at the gym Vicki!