Saturday, April 26, 2008

SNOW



Wow. I94 was closed from Moorhead to Alexandria for most of the day. This is the backyard. The box deal is a "green house" that our neighbor was about to fill with tomato plants and a glass top. Luckily he hadn't quite gotten to it. Give me a break.

Our trip to Mpls has been postponed for the present because of the blizzard. The change in weather seems to be affecting me more than it used to. Luckily, I don't have any particular thing I am responsible for doing as I find myself feeling definitely miserable.

Have to be down to my studio and stir up some more "jello." My reaction to seeing the two paintings was interesting. In the new painting there is some inner energy that is hard to describe. Both paintings were done with actual pears as "models." The first is more realistic, but the second has a sort of inner energy that I like. Different time of year, too, so they were different types of pears. After I had done the first painting, I forgot the pears until I came down to find them totally rotten. I painted two of them. You will see them in the next blog.

With anticipation, Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here we are in spring --little wind earlier but the drifting of a little snow is gone. Sun is shining. I am just sorting and discarding. Did some embroidery and looked at My House In Umbria with Maggie Smith. Wish you were here to share and give opinions. Fran

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blizzard picture. It is a marker for future reference. Surely we must have broke some recore! 15.5 inches of snow in Brandon according to the TV! See why I restrain myself from getting the itch to clean out flower beds and wash windows too soon? This way the disappointment is managable. The hope of summer is still before us. Aren't we a hardy crew?

You were definitely right about the inner energy of your colorful painting and I think that is what I saw. Your painting reflecting the "life" that is within you.

Bet you are really looking forward to seeing the gym on Monday and getting a jolly laugh!! I will be sure to take my "happy" pills before I come!

Anonymous said...

Do I need to do #4?

Anonymous said...

It's only because we thrive on your daily wit and humor! Seriously, I love to read your thoughts even if you think they are mundane! OK that is the last you will hear from me today.