Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wha's up?



I am finishing reading "Ahab's Wife" so this picture seems rather appropriate. Another book which is a tour de force. An author taking a character from an old book (Moby Dick) and breathing life into him in a new dimension. That is what I love so much about the Laurie R. King books about Sherlock Holmes. It is a very difficult job, and one which is done admirably in the Ahab book. Of course, I adore the Laurie R. King books the most.

It is the time of year to be watching tennis. Wimbledon is at it again. Tomorrow I will watch at 10 am. I don't have cable so it is great that they are showing it on one of the regular network stations (NBC).

There are no American men in the men's side of things, but the Williams sisters are still on the women's side. Time will tell how it goes.

Take care and have a nice 4th of July week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a little more info about the photo. Who is that sittling in the whale? More about this picture. Fran.

bananafish said...

It's Matt Larson! The cutest little redhead in the world!

Anonymous said...

Tennis? Imagine that?

I missed you at the gym. Of course I wasn't there either. . . . I figured ~ if Vicki isn't there it is no fun anyway so I skipped!

Bet you are gearing up for some wild 4th of July plans! Right

Anonymous said...

Tennis must be consuming her time....#4