Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fog

It is quite disconcerting to feel foggy in the head and also to look out at fog! That will soon be corrected as we are meeting as a book club today.... even though the fog outside won't lift, the fog inside will certainly be stirred up enough to lift.

We are going to talk about "Left to Tell." An astounding book about the holocaust in Rwanda. I am also reading "The Memoirs of a Geisha" by Golden. So fascinating. Hard to put it down.

I gobble up books like I eat M&Ms. Great fun.

I didn't make it to the gym on Monday. I'm aiming at Thursday before I will be able to go. Then I will go on Thursday and Friday. Wahoo. Two times a week should be "otimo." When I start only being able to think in Portuguese, watch out. There are days like that. Since the only person I know that lives around here and understands Portuguese is George. I have to wait until he is home to spout a word or two in that language. C'mon, George, read my blog!

OK. I am trying to learn how to use "Facebook" but it is a struggle. Naomi is coming home this weekend and will give me some more lessons. I am struggling to get internet savy, but it seems there is always that new thing that bamboozles me. HOWEVER, I will continue to try! That's the ticket. "If at first you don't succeed..."

Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to ignore the whole facebook thing too. Then our friends from South Africa convinced me to use it so that I can keep in touch with her. I don't use it very regularly but it is fun to look at now and then.

Anonymous said...

Where is everyone? I checked Vicki out on facebook and she is wondering about the lack of responses. I sure would be disappointed if she gave up on her blog for lack of commenting.

Happy Valentine's day to everyone.

Anonymous said...

Don't get your undies all in a bunch!! You know ~ we have waited patiently for your blogs at times .. .
I think I need more days in a week to accomplish all I need to do. Either that or get me a personal assistant. . . yeah that sounds more like it!!
I enjoy FB simply to keep up with people I care about. I have a friend who's daughter is on a Mercy Ship near Australia. It is fun to see her pictures!
Happy Valentines DAY!!!