Monday, February 02, 2009

Winter

I am caught in the doldrums of a winter day. I do not wish to venture out. I wish to wrap myself in the contemplation of white snow, shadows, and beautiful fir trees. I have just enough energy to read. I am reading a wonderful book which I will report on later.

I am afraid the doldrums might deepen into depression. I hesitate to move. Warm weather, where are you? I want to go outside without shivering and shrinking into myself.

C'mon, Spring. Get a move on.

Take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

With a good book I am sure you will survive the winter blues. Either that or move to Helena where we are nearing the 50's this week. I know you have had a trying winter --Marcia is having the same reaction. I am eager to hear about your good book. Fran.

Anonymous said...

Soldier on Vicki, this too shall end. Make yourself a good cup of tea and escape into your reading.

Anonymous said...

I have a seat heater with YOUR name on it and I will be at your door 9:30ish am SHARP!!!! That will get the duldrums a movin'!

And if that doesn't work . . . . who could resist the company of "moi" at the gym??? OK PLEASE be gentle when you answer that one!!

Anonymous said...

Gentle, NEVER! A certain muppet character comes to mind, but, of course I would never suggest her unless you brought it up first.

But she does have class.


OK...you know I only say that with the greatest admiration.

Vicki, the weather is changing for the better so hopefully your disposition is improving also.

Ms. Larson said...

Wow Mom, this post is awesome, really poetic and beautiful.