Thursday, August 16, 2007

Millenium Park



I have a sort of foggy remembrance of this spectacular fountain and the great park which leads up to the ART MUSEUM. Fantastic outdoor restaurants and statuary. As it was a very hot day, I was too eager to get inside to fully appreciate it. Ahhhhhhhhhh. Air conditioning... and ART. Now we're in the right place.

Naomi and Steve took very good care of me that day in Chicago. We looked at paintings and other forms of art until I was obviously starting to fade away, and then they steered me to a restaurant. A lovely restaurant right in the museum. We were waited on with all the obsequiousness necessary in a first class place, and by the time we were done I was ready to rock and roll once again! Not only were the waiters attentive, but the food was also good. Great!

We saw some great art and about four pm my eyes started to glass over and we headed back to the el and the bus. Fantastic day. Thanks to you, Steve and Naomi, for your great care of moi. I had a blast. And we had another day to look at art in the galleries! More yet! Wow.

Take care

4 comments:

bananafish said...

Hey Ma, I put a comment down on another post a few down... re:bomb. Chicago was great, wasn't it?

bananafish said...

I had a thought, I wonder if all of these comments on the b-word has now flagged your blog for Homeland Security? Watch out for Big Brother!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I don't remember the last time I saw a smile that big on your face!!!! Were you happy or what???

I am glad you are up and at 'em but now you are like the world traveler and I have to exercise all by myself! First Chicago, now camping and then off to see your adorable grandson? What am I ~ chopped liver??

Izzy said...

you are making me famous! enid and i were walking in pete's county market a couple days ago and a pretty lady walked up to us and started chatting. she recognized both of us...but neither enid nor myself knew who she was. turns out it was a miss karen wagner. what a wonderful surprise! spread the word some more! soon, i will be on the nytimes best-seller list.

i think i'll start blogging again once things settle down. i am in lawrence kansas right now...on my way to TX. have a great summer!