Sunday, August 05, 2007

What fun!



As we walked down the street in Chicago, there was the road sign that heralded the beginning of Route 66! Friends of Naomi's are going to take a ride on Route 66 (or what remains of that historic Route) for their honeymoon, so we took this pic to show them where to start!

Chicago is a beautiful city. It has great buildings, along with a gorgeous lake shore with at least four open public beaches. We looked at the art in the art museum, ate at a fancy dancy restaurant in the museum, and when I started to fade, made our way back to the public transportation. We were furnished a great apartment by family, and I was glad to get back and collapse in a heap. I expended just the right amount of energy. I'll tell you what we did the next day tomorrow!

Take care.

3 comments:

bananafish said...

It was so fun to hang out in Chicago with you! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back in MN as I am happy to return to my roost also. Time spent away sure makes one appreciate our own homes.

Anonymous said...

Cool picture. I was trying to figure out where you were when you took the picture.

Good to know my two favorite friends are back and rarin' to get to the gym!! HAHA

Looks like Wednesday will be gym day. See you there.