Friday, December 28, 2007

The Pressure, the Pressure!!!!!!!

The truth of the matter is that I sometimes have nothing to say. I know that to some of you that seems almost impossible, but there you are.

I suppose I could always take refuge in a memory post. I have lots of that written up which I have not yet shared.

Or, I could just talk a lot of blarney as I usually do. Then you could comment on the mindless quality of what I said, and we would all be happy.

Actually, having the new chair has given me such a comfy place to read, that I have been immersed in stories. I am rereading a series of mysteries by Nevada Barr in which the heroine, Anna Pigeon, is a park ranger. Each volume tells of her adventures in one of the National Parks. I am presently reading about Carlsbad Cavern and its environs. Fascinating. This is the sixth book in the series, so you can see I have been reading feverishly. The first five dealt with the West Texas back country, Lake Superior, the Anasazi, A wild-fire in a California setting, and an island off the coast of Georgia. She is a woman who has dealt with widowhood by escaping into the wild.

One of the fun sidelights of growing old and losing some of the memory synapses in your brain is that you can re-read favorite books without remembering the details. And so I am saving all my favorite series for later perusal. This series caught my eye about at Christmas time and I am gobbling up the adventures.

I suppose I have ten or more such series of books. I am well supplied into the future. New chair, lots of books, trips to the gym, friends that get on my case when I don't write my blog. What more could a woman want? HMMMMMMMMM? Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pressure everywhere...even in getting to the gym so that you can amuse us with your wit!

Anonymous said...

So, if you break down the word amuse ~ is it a muse???? HAHA

Thank you Miss Chief for a new blog!! Or did you settle on Miss Chievious?

I will have you all know I got to sit in the "new" Leather recliner and it is everything Vicki say's it is!!! I can totally see why she bought it!!

We will be gone for a few days so I need everyone to keep Vicki blogging and gymming!! You see what a hard time I have and I keep cracking the whip!!

Anonymous said...

I am reading a couple new Anne LaMott --"Rosie and then I will do Grace(Eventually) And I am rereading Kathleen Norris' "Dakota" I have read one of the Wilderness woman. very good. When things get heavy I reread "Rules of Aging" with subtitle Resist normal impulses, Live longer Attain perfection by Roger Rosenblatt. That's when I need a good laugh. Fran.

bananafish said...

YOU?!? NOTHING TO SAY?!?!?!?!!? ha-ha-ha

love, nay