Tuesday, December 11, 2007

snow not so bright



I woke up today with a high blood sugar count (for me). I tried to remember what I had eaten yesterday and realized in the furor of the day I had really eaten four meals rather than just three.

I had two teeth repaired with new fillings replacing those which were fast coming undone. George had the four new tires on the sweet buggy allined or something, and in the middle of all of that, I sat and enjoyed myself in Cherry Street Books. Book stores are so marvelous. I held myself back and only bought two new books. The one we are reading for book club and one other. I feel virtuous. I have my eye on two others, too, but they will have to wait awhile.

Anyway... I was thinking back over my day and realized that we had stopped for coffee between teeth and tires and I had an English Muffin. Then later, I still ate lunch. No, no. That is not permitted. Too many carbs for this little lady. It was really an adventure drinking the coffee, too, as my top lip was completely useless. I had to flop it over the cup and hope for the best. I did well, however, as I did not spill on my shirt as I usually do!

Anyway, back to the snow not so bright. Even when the sun is not "out" brightly, we have confidence that it is under the clouds waiting to wow us once again. Patience is what is called for. Patience is one of the qualities that is most difficult to develop. Some people have more trouble with it than others. I'm not sure, but I used to be much more patient than I am now. I seem to have grown into a feisty old lady. Wahoo. Here I come, so you better.. Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

„What is it with us --an addiction to reading. I feel like a junky --trying to keep myself from Barnes and Noble. There are worse addictions. I tour the world for a pittance that it would cost to get on a plane. I just finished" Astrid and Veronica" and now am reading McCourt's "Teacher, Man" . Strong stuff.Not only touring different countries but other cultures. Fran.

bananafish said...

Mom, as one who as now known you for 36 years...you have always been a feisty old lady to me!

Anonymous said...

OOOOHHH! Naomi!! She shoots! She scores!! Chalk one up for Nay!

Sorry Vicki, but I agree with Naomi. But then I haven't had the pleasure of knowing your for more than 3-4 years. I'm not "sorry" that I agree with Naomi but "sorry" that I had to agree in front of a blogger audience of Lord knows how many people!!

I too love to read but I have to squeeze it in between running and life. I was up at 3 am this morning reading for about 2 hours. Coffee at the church Christmas dinner last night. . . tisk. . . tisk!!