Friday, April 25, 2008

First Take...



This is a picture of the first painting I did of five pears. Hmmmm. Interesting to see the changes from 2004 to now.

We are in the midst of a wild winter snow storm! Yesterday was springlike and today is raging blizzard. Go figure. One of the worst storms I have been in was on May 1 in Iowa many years ago. We were planning a trip to Minneapolis, even had our coats on, when we changed our mind. If we were hale and hearty it would be a lark, but now it could be a disaster. Sigh. I do love driving in terrible weather.

I'll take a picture tomorrow and put it in the next blog. Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disappointed that you can't come this weekend. I like this pear one best --the other looks like they are made of Jello. Still eatable. Don't unpack your bags yet -the weather may change in a jiff.

Anonymous said...

I really like this one also. Glad to hear that you did not venture out. Jeffrey and I did go to Alex to do some errands. I am so glad he came with as the roads were treacherous on the way home.

bananafish said...

aunt fran--if you see the painting in the proverbial flesh, it doesn't look like jello. however, i do like this other one as well. the colors are so earthy and the other is like the colors are turned on. interesting.

Anonymous said...

OK it is unanimous!!! I too like this one with the earthy colors!!! And I did notice the shadows as well, interesting how particular you are to detail when you are quite like me and don't really pay attention to some other stuff, like dust.

And I am glad you didn't venture out ~ although I was sure I saw your cute little silver car zip around a corner in the cities. We left around 3:30 pm and it was miserable til about Melrose where the roads turned to just wet. But we left the cities around 10:30 pm and came back in that gosh awful stuff. It took the bus two and a half hours to get to Alex. I felt so bad for him!!! And there were absolutely NO plows out!!! What were they thinking ~ it was going to melt overnight???????

Needless to say we just finished breakfast and are starting the day a little slower than normal (which is pretty slow)!