Thursday, April 03, 2008

The other eye...



They go to great lengths to make sure that they are working on the correct eye. When you check in they ask which eye and put an orange bracelet on that arm. Then they put an x over the eye as they are prepping you. Many times they check on who you are, and which eye you are having done.

The worst case of not following protocol was the doctor who removed the well kidney from someone with cancer in the other kidney. That was just recently, too, and was well publicized. Oofta.

I now have this patch off and I can see well through both my eyes! I have all kinds of folderol that I have to do for a week... drops, etc., but the truth of the matter is that I can even read quite well. This for a person who was unable to find her glasses if she laid them down in other than the proper place. I put my glasses on in the morning and took them off and put them on the bedside table. It feels weird not to have the physical sensation of the glasses on my nose. I bought a cheap pair of little reading glasses to help with doing crossword puzzles, etc., but I can see television fine with no glasses at all. Miraculous.

On the next blog i will show you my dark glasses. I definitely am a star! Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning in your snazzy purple sweatshirt and that marvelous bright lanyard!! You are stylin girl!!

So glad your surgeries went well and you are on the mend!

I miss you at the gym although I do get a gooooooood workout when you aren't there to talk to.

Hope to see you Monday.
Your Favorite Gym Buddy

Anonymous said...

And you remember to smile for the picture! And why not --.! Love, Fran.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely gorgeous! A new woman!

bananafish said...

and FOUR!