Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Walking Poles



At this moment, this is the matriarch of our tribe. We should all be so active! Naomi uses this type of walking stick in Spain, so perhaps she will be just as frisky when she gets to this age! Wahoo. Way to go! The walking in Montana is either up a hill or down a hill, so the sticks really help.

I have book club today and we will be talking about the book, "Neither Wolf nor Dog" by Kent Nerburn. I found the book absolutely fascinating. I have a hunch that people will either love it or hate it, or a little of both. The author lives in Minnesota and we hope to have him talk at the Art Center next year.

So far I have had a "sit in the recliner" week. Hopefully I will have more oomph as the week goes on. I get a start on my new ears tomorrow. That should be a fascinating experience and hopefully will help me remove the "barrel" feeling from around my head. Yippee skippee.

Take care.

3 comments:

bananafish said...

those walking sticks have saved my life in spain!!! I never could have made it without, for sure!!! i hope that i am half as frisky as Aunt Fran at her age, that would be great! to Santiago manaƱa!

Anonymous said...

If you don't come to the gym I might have to use my walking stick to prod you out of that recliner!!

Fran does look like a school girl!! She is amazing and I hope to be as spry as her when I get older.

Naomi, I bet you are glad you started exercising when you did. What an undertaking! I can hardly wait to see pictures and hear the stories!

We are still at the office and my brain is going numb. I find myself staring aimlessly into space. Tim is still working but I think I am going to head home and call it a day.

Anonymous said...

I used my walking poles today to go up hill to the little grocery which is within walking distance. Straight up. Stopped to visit the Myrna Loy theater which has stage and movie theater shows.
Tonight Janiece, Emly and I are going to a Knit and Knotcsh outing. They knit for the needy, I think. The knitting shop is right next door.
My calendar is filling up speedily. Have another item on the calendar for next Tuesday.
Eager to hear about the Spain walk. I, too, love the walking poles.