Thursday, June 19, 2008

Where to start?

I have so much news I don't know where to start.

As to ears: They have been adjusted to try to keep the loud treble sounds from sending me into orbit. So far so good. With the fans on I do hear lots of background noise, but that is probably unavoidable. The ear guy is going fishing next week, so it will be two weeks until i go back to get it adjusted again. Seems to be going well, though. I should say 'hi' to his mom who is reading this blog. Your son is great.

As to dog: We will soon be taking him back to his mistress. She is back from Spain after an horrendous trip. They got stuck in Newark airport because of bad weather so she had to begin teaching immediately after they finally got here. I am sure she is rather discombobulated with the drastic change. I'll see her soon and get a full report.

As to eyes: My glasses are pinching my nose. I keep thinking I will get "toughened in," but it doesn't seem to be working that way. Sigh. I can watch television without glasses, so I will try to give my nose a rest.

KW and I went out to lunch on Tuesday to celebrate our birthdays. We went to Clara's Place on the outskirts of Alexandria. It is a place that has all kinds of stuff for sale in Clara's Barn, and then a little luncheon place. It is on a country lake with the concomitant peaceful view. We love it. Check it out. It's on the way to the Winery.

KW let me off at Cherry Street Books in downtown Alex. I love that place. The outside of it is darling, and the inside is filled with books (surprise, surprise!) and other colorful stuff. I wallowed around reading a bit here and there in this book and then that book. Paradise. When George was done with his errands he stopped in and picked me up for the ride home.

Take care and keep in touch!

5 comments:

bananafish said...

Hola! Back from Espana! And just set the record straight, the horrendous part of the trip was only getting stuck in Newark NJ and that airport. Spain was amazing and great! Glad to be home again too!

Anonymous said...

My, what an exciting life you live!

You should stop in and have your glasses re-adjusted. They are more than happy to do that ~ especially since you are such great entertainment when you are there!

I could look at the Humane Society and find a cat for you since I am sure you will feel lonely without the dog. And you don't even have to walk a cat!

Hope you had a good trip to the cities.

HI Naomi!! Be sure to let me know when you are up and I can meet you at the gym! Please consider doing a blog of your trip with pictures. I am sure it was quite the time!!

Anonymous said...

Hi back to you, Vicki! And, I agree with you about the "great son" part. Nice to know you're doing so well with your new "ears."

Be sure to meet the new audiologist in the office, Dr. Shari Johnson. You'll like her too!
The Ear Guy's Mom

Anonymous said...

I realize it is summer but I would encourage you slackers to comment and keep Vicki on her toes!! Remember ~ 4 is the magic number!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Now that you are getting new eyes and ears I have a topper. I am getting the second go around on the eyes with laser treatment. Yesterday the left eye next Monday the right eye. I had the two cataract operations done in Alexandria in 2004, I think it was. ,
You beat, however, because you also had the eyelid operation! If we get patched up enough we can enjoy the rest of our lives. I know I am having a great time here learning new things. SEE ya. Fran.