Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Ye that have ears...."

I took my new ears out for a test drive today. It's amazing the things you hear that you didn't know were making noise. For example, the keys on this keyboard are clicking away when i always thought they were silent! The car is much more noise-filled as well, and I can hear the floor creak under my feet in the kitchen. George reading the newspaper and shaking it to get it to suit his desires is so loud it almost makes me want to cry out in pain!

I took my new ears to the gym today and they seemed to be ok. I am quite a gal now with new eyes and new ears. Wahoo. Several of the gals oooohed and aaaahed at how small and inconspicuous they are. So far, I am very pleased. Time will tell.

I will be the most parsimonious of people for the next year as I will be paying for this miraculous acquisition of hearing. The aids are not inexpensive, but I believe they will be well worth their cost. As time goes on, I will continue to report to you. My equilibrium also seems to be better.

Take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are hearing what you have been missing (or should I say not missing on some counts). My mother says that not hearing some things suited her just fine.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear things are going well. Never fear, I can make the paper noise much more tolerable. If the noise gets to be too much, give me a call and we can get you in sooner than scheduled. Looking forward to seeing you.

-Kevin the Ear Guy

Anonymous said...

Vicki Larson. Your fame seems to be reaching greater audiences all the time. You know that means we eagerly await words of wisdom and inspiration from you! OR not. Just some "Vicki" words are what we are looking for!! How does one put the jovial sounds that you make at the gym on the computer???? I hope that comes across right.

Yep, Love your glasses and Love your styling hearing aid. When I grow up I want to be like you!! Then I can have someone iron for me!! HAHAHA

See you Monday. . . jackets in hand!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a good Ear Guy. I am busy getting my address change and all that that entails. Today went with Janiece to a knitting group --six of us - Did some shopping and got groceries. Tonight went to the library and got a library card and another book to read! Tomorrow - sign up for a garden tour on Sunday. Fran.
-

Anonymous said...

Fran: it sounds like you jump into life changes with great gusto and enjoy every bit of it. I love to hear of your adventures.