Saturday, July 28, 2007

spooky

Ok. Now I'm spooked. The last remark on the last posting is so idiotic I hope it is a joke. On the off chance that it was made seriously, I'm spooked. Yes, spooked. All bread is baked whole and then cut. In Brazil it was cut by a machine that had a saw blade for each slice set the length of the loaves. The loaves were put in the holder and then the blades vibrated through the bread and cut the slices. The loaves remained stable and were put into plastic bags made the right size. The only trouble with the machine at our super market was that one of the saw blades was gone, so always the loaves we got of sliced bread had that one large slice about 3/4 of the way down the loaf.
Whatever.
I'm having a surreal day as I get ready for my trip. I screwed up the taking of my medications (you do realize that older people - ok, OLD people - spend their lives calculating which medications to take when?) so that at 4 am I was taking medications I should have taken at 9 pm the night before. Sigh. I suppose that I will therefore take the medications I should take at 9 am this morning a bit later. Whatever.
I am filled with whatevers this morning.
Clothes all packed, medications all measured and included, books and puzzles in the big bag, all systems almost ready to go. Now, hopefully, I am also ready to go! Wahoo.
Think of all the new things I will be able to comment on after I return. Be prepared.
Take care.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip!

Now that you have solved the mystery of the how, what and whys of bread we can go on to other subjects.

I'll see you in a week as I am off to Columbus Ohio for 6 days also.

I wanted to use some other words for good bye...but I don't know any other language. So.....see you in the funny paper!

Unknown said...

They have bread machines that automatically produce a sliced loaf of bread.

bananafish said...

Okay, John, are you my brother? Your comment on the last blog cracked me up, but this one above make no sense to me...did you leave out an exclamation mark? Confused, but what's new?

Izzy said...

i am in the midst of packing and unpacking and about 50 other errands. life is busy! my bro and i are going to montana for a 8 day backpacking trip in the beartooth mountains. YIPPEE!

where are you going?

Anonymous said...

Looks like the "bread" conversation might take awhile to disappear.

I am taking a guess that John is being sarcastic ~ because Vicki always raves about how smart her kids are. And having sarcastic tendencies myself I am more apt to recognize one of those comments.

Karen L we have fun saying goodbye in as many different words as possible. I can say them but am not sure of the spelling of all of them. So .. . . . .

Chow
Boujour
Bonvoyage
SeLavee
Ahsta La Vista
Aurdvar
Cheerio
Tootles
.
.
Help me out here people!

Anonymous said...

Only a little help Karen!

apunno paye yan
shalom
bonne journee
ha det

ha det comes from the language I took in school...