Thursday, March 13, 2008

cof, cof



My swollen neck glands must have affected my desire to put a picture on this blog. George was talking about all the rabbits that were cavorting in the back yard (to Matthew) so I tried to capture their marks with a picture, and now I see that I should have lightened the picture and turned it around. Ah, well. Maybe on the next blog.

Karen W. just showed up at the door for a confab! What fun to hear about her trip and to share news. I don't know what we talk about, but it sure is fun! Wahoo.

Well. I have a sore throat so I will get my plaid scarf and sit in my recliner with the afghan pulled up for a comfy day. I may even feel well enough to do a bit of painting. I am almost finished with the art deco one I showed the start of in the blog a few blogs ago. I'm sure you can hardly wait.

We loved book club. The book, "The Memory of Running," was a winner, we all agreed. "Three Cups of Tea" will be our next opus. We are meeting the middle of April because I should be all healed up from the cataract thing by then... double Wahoo. I made deviled eggs and open faced sandwiches with two kinds of Ezekiel bread and cream cheese. Instead of jello I had a pear half in juice with a prune perched on top in a pretty dish.

Take care and enjoy the break in the cold!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought my new glasses were playing tricks on me when I looked at your picture!!

But now I know it wasn't the glasses but YOU playing tricks!

I am disappointed you didn't offer any leftover prunes when I stopped in!

If you had my oils under that plaid scarf you would be up and rarin' to go tomorrow! Vicki likes to mock my oils. They have worked for me!

KL must be busy doing taxes ~ haven't heard from her.

Anonymous said...

What is Ezekiel bread. I like the idea of cream cheese. I am looking for a few new ways to make sandwiches.With the diabetes a little snack is great but mine needs a little diversity. I have your two books mentioned o my do do list. Fran.