Saturday, March 15, 2008

Once again...



into the fray. Hopefully the rabbit tracks will be clear to Matthew. The snow today is all starting to melt and coalesce into lumpy, bumpy whiteness. I think it is so interesting that around tree trunks is where it disappears first. The trees drink the moisture? i don't know.

I am doing all I can do to get over my swollen glands. I will soon be having cataract surgery and I want to be in tip-top shape for that. Not that it is possible for me to be in tip-top shape, but as good as can possibly be. I am staying close to home, drinking hot water with lemon juice, and generally trying to be a good girl. Right.

I will soon have a new painting to show you. Yippee-skippee. And I just finished re-reading "The Memory of Running." I love that book. A weird story interspersed with astonishing insights into life.

Take care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new picture that sets the world straight!

Went to the gym this morning. I have to make up for lost time ya know. KL came in to keep the conversation going.

For now it is off to the laundry pile!

Hannah went to see "Horton gets his Hoo" last night and she loved it. Bet Matt would like it also.

See you Monday.

Anonymous said...

I am leaving for a couple weeks' trip to Helena, Montana on Monday. Saw and heard Maya Angelou
speak last night at Orchestra Hall. Bought "The Memory of Running so I will read it on my train trip. I bought it for $5.98 in hardcover on bargain counter. It's $14.95 in the paperback!! Also got the one for your next book club --"Tea for Three", I guess it is. It reminds me of the one by James Wood who built libraries an schools in Tibet etc.
I am eager to see your next painting. Fran.

Anonymous said...

What happened to the last 2 weeks? If memory serves me right the 1st of March was just yesterday right?

This too shall pass and the 15th of April will be here before I know it.

I have been surprised and delighted to at least see KW at the gym on occasion.

Are the glands back to good speaking shape yet? I hope so because I was thinking about asking a favor of you. I'll telephone you.

bananafish said...

Hey Mom, here's the fourth, time to blog again!