Thursday, March 27, 2008

Clarity!

It is such a blast to have this cataract surgery. Kudos to KW for trucking me over to the hospital and fetching me later! It's fun to do it one eye at a time so that you can compare the vision in one eye with that in the other. With my left eye the snow looks sparkling bright, but with the not yet done eye it looks dull. Colors look way different! I wonder if it will affect how I do art. It's so exciting. Yahoo!!

Fran.. don't worry about your stuffing of the ballot box! I just about fainted when I saw those four comments before I had even turned around. Great! Then I saw what it was and wasn't quite as excited, but the thrill lingered! I love your comments! I'm so glad I talked to you on the phone as I feel I understand your reasoning behind your move. I'm not thrilled, but I do see your point. It'll be fun... especially since Jeff is going to help with the move, etc. No worries!

Well, I just can't get over the difference in the color perception. Wow. I am reading somewhat better now with that newly fixed eye, also... life is SOOOOO interesting.

Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

muster: to assemble for inspection. So actually one person cannot pass muster alone.

Now I know why Fran is moving away from MN. She's an adventurer!

When Tamar, my daughter, had her cataract surgury, she was amazed and more amazed at color (not to mention being able to read). The irony of it is that she is a fabric artist and works with color and matching colors all day. She was 49 when she had surgery, and now is 50.
So my question is to Vicki ? have you been using color more wildly than you will now?? It will be interesting to see.
Carol

Anonymous said...

I was trying to remember what my reaction was to the cataract operations. I had two done with Dr. Gess when I lived up there. You'll be back to reading and painting in no time. Isn't it miraculous. At present I am a packer and sorter and purger at this point. Wish I could just be beamed up like they do in Star Trek. Fran.

Anonymous said...

Carol, you hit the nail on the head. Fran IS an adventurer. That is precisely what I love about those two sisters. Young at heart they are!!!

I agree with Carol also, that it will be very interesting to see what you do with your paintings now. Although I already have your best painting so far. . . if you come up with another doosey I will have to get my lemonade stand out and muster up some money.

And I had the same thought as Naomi that you could do a whole series on pictures of face surgeries!! Great minds think alike!

So, when are you ready to hit the gym? Or at least crawl in to say hi!!