Friday, September 22, 2006

cof cof


I have the equivalent of a Linus blanket around my throat. I have a sore throat, and this ratty old synthetic fabric scarf comforts me. George found out on Tuesday that he had pneumonia, and on Thursday I came down with this sore throat. Bummer. We are relatively healthy, though, so we can't be too "complainy." George got on top of his complaint early as he had a doctor's appointment for a check-up and the doctor listened to his chest, didn't like what he heard and had him take an x-ray. Pneumonia. But he got it caught early, so he could nip it in the bud with the appropriate anti biotic.

I am just having a readathon as I sit in my recliner reading some of my favorite mystery stories. I am re-doing my Abigail Padgett books. They are extremely interesting as the protagonist, Bo Bradley, is a woman with manic depressive disorder. I like the books a lot. I read and sleep and read and sleep and hope my throat will soon mend. Oh, yes, don't forget the chicken soup.

Hopefully we're getting these maladies out of our systems early.. and we will sail through the winter months healthy and whole. Right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

please get well immediately. I am relying on your being here to help me through my move. As long as I am just going upstairs to the 16th floor I want you to be up there and tell the movers exactly where each piece of furniture should go according to my drawn plan.
I do not have any such thing as your scarf so I just refrain from getting ill. Famous last words.

Anonymous said...

I am with Fran ~ ~ I don't have a scarf either!

You look quite distinguished in your photo. Like a professor or something.

bananafish said...

I don't have a scarf, I have a mama!

Vicki Larson said...

I keep trying to post on my blog with no success so far except in this way. Some sort of snafu that I have yet to figure out! I am feeling better and hope to be back blogging soon. I am trying!