Monday, September 11, 2006

getting the monkey off my back!

I suppose it is rather disrespectful to compare my tennis addiction to drug addiction, but I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms. I loved Sharapova's win over the Belgian, but I was disappointed that Roddick couldn't take it to five sets, at least. He is looking good, though, it is just that Federer is unbelievably good. I am looking forward to Roddick getting better and better. Thanks to his association with Jimmy Connors he has his mojo back! Yeah!

Well, today is business as usual. I will try not to get depressed. I will try to carry on without the slap of a tennis ball to urge me on. We'll see how it goes.

I am excited to hear that Izzy is going to be back in the neighborhood for a bit. I hope to be able to shoot the breeze with him. I love his blog, but we'll see if he is as charming in person as he is in print. I vote yes, but we will see if we can make time to talk... chew the fat.... chill.... bater um bom papo. Just throwing in a sop to portuguese speakers!

Off to the gym and an attempt to rise up from the ashes of tennis fandom.

6 comments:

bananafish said...

have a good day mom, let the obsessive nature subside, i will try to do the same! N

Izzy said...

friends
family
good home cookin'
television
football and baseball games
mexican food
clothes that fit me that i can buy
wide open spaces
church service

it will be good to be back in the states! only 17 more days.

isaac

Izzy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vicki Larson said...

The author has never deleted a comment in her life. Someone with a sense of humor? Izzy still didn't say whether he was going to take the time to talk to me! We'll see.

Izzy said...

of course i'm going to take the time to chat it up with you. you going to church on sunday (the first sunday in october)? i am going to try and make it back for the service...however, i have a wedding i'll be returning from in rochester and i will be extremely jet-lagged. i am sure i will fall asleep during dad's sermon--just like always.

isaac

Anonymous said...

It is rather dreary without tennis. I am embroiled in mapping out furniture placement for my new apartment. That's my addiction du jour. Fran.