Saturday, September 02, 2006

Already Saturday!

Time flies when you are having fun! I watched the tennis match of the decade the other night when Agassi played Bhagdatis. Fantastic drama and fun, and Agassi prevailed. Now there was another rain delay so conceivably he will be able to marshal the forces to play another match.

Morgan took me on a meander yesterday and I got to go to an art store. I used to vibrate when I went to a book store, but now the art store has that effect on me. Wow. I managed to find gesso in a gallon pail for a cheap-o price which was wonderful and some papers and canvases I needed. What joy. The gesso I will transfer to small containers so it won't dry out before I get a chance to use it all. I can't imagine that I will use a whole gallon before I die, but I will certainly give it the old college try.

Both Morgan and Andrea are artists and deep into art books, so I have been able to spend time pouring over their offerings. That's where I got inspired about the art papers. Art is absolutely the best thing one can possibly have to do as a passion. It is so inspiring and the possibilities are so endless. And if it doesn't turn out so hot, throw it away and do more. It's just a bit of paper or whatever. Another thing about it, you never know when what you are doing doesn't seem so great to you but someone else will love it. You just never know.

George is having fun out on Bob's boat. He keeps telling me that the water is beautiful and I would love it. He knows how much I love water. He is right, but I am also having lots of fun here. Talking, watching films, watching tennis, going to shops, talking, talking, talking. How can life be much better than that! And I also can watch the giant cranes.

Well, I must have a bite to eat and we have to decide what marvelous thing we are going to do today. In amidst all of the going and coming will be the delicious talking. Yeah. And the films and the talking, and the tennis, and the talking. Wahoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are havng fun. Andrea came from Evanston Il. and the fur is flying because I mentioned I was in a cramped little apartment. Solvable problems are Andrea's meat. Later.