Saturday, September 30, 2006

I am excited!


Yesterday's posting went with no problem! So hope springs eternal. I am including the far from perfect photograph of a painting called Flower Power. It is in a friend's collection. I actually got to know her better because she bought my painting. We are now fast friends. Yippee!

We are going to wish bon voyage to Naomi a day before her actual leave date. We want to see her but don't feel up to the whole airport parking and uproar deal. So.... luckily she has someone else that can take them to the airport, and we will just go to see her for lunch. Our health is still a bit dicey, but so much better that a little trip to Mpls. shouldn't be too much strain on us.

Just finished talking to our grandson who has just mastered the wonderful art of bicycle riding. He has done it before this with training wheels, but now he is scooting about on his own without crashing. Even in the grass, he told me. The first time we master a skill the attendant rush of adrenaline is great.

What are you working on to master? I think I have finally gotten to the point that I feel I am an artist. I have a tremendous rush of adrenaline as I approach the final strokes of a painting and feel like I have done what I like. It matters not if someone else thinks so, too. If I am satisfied, that's enough! Although, I must say, I love people to agree with me!!!!!!!!!

I am heading back to my studio to work on three paintings I started on my camping trip. One is all but finished, one is nearly finished, and the other is far from finished. fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one hits the jackpot. Fran