Thursday, April 19, 2007

Up and Running, almost

I have the new outfit up and running, but I don't have an appointment to get the new cable system until May 4. I decided to go with the faster dsl after all. Now it is to get the new computer all filled up with my stuff. Wow. It's like opening birthday presents! Or Christmas.

Tonight is Poetry Night at the Coffeehouse Art Center in Evansville. We've been doing this for at least 10 years now. Pretty fantastic. I haven't written a new poem, but I will search through my previous endeavors to see what I can find. With my limited memory I don't always remember what I've done before, but no one else will remember, either, so that is a plus.

I will be going down at 5 to sit the gallery, too. There are new books to be put away. The library is available free to everyone. I think today is Library Day. We are getting a really interesting collection going.

I'm going to the gym in a few minutes. One of the high lights of my life! I try to keep my body going, but the laughter is really good for my soul. We miss you, Karen L. Hope you will soon be able to join us once again. If not every time, at least now and then!

Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Çongrats on the new toy. TOY -It's a lifeline for old people. Hope you don't mind my calling you an old people. What is wrong with your old computer? Fran

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you this morning! Let's do it again!

Izzy said...

can you post the poem you read on this blog? i was supposed to give a poem to my dad to read on my behalf, but i forgot. shucks. glad to hear you are getting the faster internet connection. you will love it! plus, you will be able to watch my videos!

i