Friday, April 20, 2007

Wow!!!!!!!!

This computer is slowly dying (dieing?) so I'm glad I have another in the wings. I never know from day to day what part of its activities are going to hit the dust. So far I have been able to do this in a rather slow way! But I CAN do it! I cannot download things unto a CD at the present moment in order to put them on my other computer. Bummer.

Poetry night was the bomb. We had such fun. It is such a variety of of talents and emphases. Some sheer fun and the others serious. All unexpected. It evolves in an entirely unplanned way... In response to Izzy, Here's MY poem that I read. I also read a poem from my friend Carol. She called the Gallery to tell me that she was too sick to come and would I read her poem. How? She dictated it to me over the phone. It is called "My Lava Lamp" and was great. So I read her poem, and then this one of mine:


MY BRILLIANT BIRCH
Little birch,
you give me
your dazzling display
with no thought of greatness.
Behind you
the blue of river
ripples by,
moving on its way.
But you,
though eternally changing,
are still the same:
your leaves, pulsating,
celebrate light
with ceaseless
shimmering,
darkling, glinting,
sparkling, glimmering,
growing -
glowing-
in the wind.
I wrote that at least 20 years ago about our favorite camping spot up in Scenic State Park on the Lake of the Isles there. Izzy - that's the spot where you and yours stopped by to see us.
If Carol gives me permission I could include her poem here, too. We'll wait to see.
I am so glad I have the other computer up and running. This poor old thing is gasping its last. Take care.. WE poor old things have to keep breathing in a healthy way. Life is fabulous. So... take double care, but enjoy smelling the roses!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will assume you got terribly busy with your computer and completely forgot to meet me at the gym! Tisk Tisk!!! I was feeling lonely and forgotten.

We are sorry that Izzy forgot to send a poem for his dad to read but we would love to see a poem posted in the comment section of your blog!! His Blog is quite interesting and I'm sure his poem would be VERY entertaining !

bananafish said...

okay, i will try again! i like your poem alot and can tell that you are a painter from the way that you see and write...